where's this?

Matt Hutson
Hi all,
This was posted in the Buena Vista newspaper this week. They've already told me where it is, but I wanted to see how this board does.

Cheers,
Matt Hutson
Nathrop, CO

Re: where's this?

Jim Courtney
Counting the bands on the tank this appears to be a 50,000 gal tank, which pretty much excludes the Clear Creek lines.

There is a road parallel to the track with a parked car, with a copse of trees between the track and road.

I'm gonna guess Shawnee tank, just above the Shawnee depot. I've never seen a photo of this tank, and would really like it to be so!
Jim Courtney
Poulsbo, WA

Re: where's this?

Chris Walker
I'd say Hortense. Later called Mt Princeton
UpSideDownC
in New Zealand

Re: where's this?

Matt Hutson
Chris wins! I have not been to that particular part of the grade, but will have to check it out to see if anything remains.

Cheers,
Matt

Re: where's this?

Matt Hutson
Our man Chris. World. Famous.

Re: where's this?

Jeff Young
Way to go Chris!

Funny thing, I was going to guess Mt Princeton based solely on the “not yet in the mountains” look of the landscape, and the fact that it was in the BV paper.  But when Chris came out with Hortense I figured I must be wrong (not knowing they were the same place).

Cheers,
Jeff.

Re: where's this?

Robert McFarland
Todd Hackett and some other members of the DSP&PHS compiled some tracings of the grade for a recent handout sheet.Would it be possible to mark the location of the tank(s) in question?

Re: where's this?

Robert McFarland
I have seen some  eBay postings of the Nathrop to Mt.Princeton Hot Springs area recently.