What's on you bench 11/2018

12

What's on you bench 11/2018

Keith Hayes
It's been a while since I asked.

You all know I have been working on RPO 11. It got trucks and couplers today.

Someone caught the train entering the Depot yard from further west in town. Looks like the Conductor is checking time.

I got to meet Linn Moedinger last week and was able to spend some time with him. He is tickled by all the attention the 3d prints have garnered and appreciates the research everyone is contributing.
Keith Hayes
Leadville in Sn3

Re: What's on you bench 11/2018

Steve Black
Looking good Keith.

Re: What's on you bench 11/2018

tonyk375

Sorry right era.  Wrong scale and continent.  But it is just coming off my workbench.

OK.  Still the wrong scale but just finished a second run of C&S/RGS box cars.  C&S 75, which came with the 74 on my railroad just pulling in to West Durango.

Re: What's on you bench 11/2018

Pat Student
Keith

Not exactly on my workbench, but end product will be.

Developing decals for a series of as built D&RG 5500 class stock cars as they would appear post D&RG - RGW merger, 1921.

Pat

5500 Decal Development

Re: What's on you bench 11/2018

Mike McKenzie
Building a Wiseman kit of CONX 8, Sn3 quite naturally. Bought it second hand and it was missing the instructions. Could have acquired instructions in short order just by asking but wanted to wing it, how hard could that be, only so many ways to build it. Besides, had a good drawing, from Sloan's book I think, and plenty of prototype photos mainly posted here.

Will be a black tank, frame will be freight car red with a natural deck, trucks red. Coming along slow, brake rigging and truss rods always slow me down. May use a freelance oil company logo, not sure yet.

Mike McKenzie
Frankfort IL

Re: What's on you bench 11/2018

Lee Gustafson
Mike, your tank car build looks good that’s one of my favorite cars. Thanks for sharing.

Re: What's on you bench 11/2018

Keith Hayes
Pat, I was hoping you would post something.  Can you please add a 4000-series number to the set for me? Please?
Keith Hayes
Leadville in Sn3

Re: What's on you bench 11/2018

Jeff Young
Finishing up the Kokomo depot.  Roof is weathered, and a bit around the freight door handles (perhaps too much there), but the rest of the walls are yet to be done.

Cheers,
Jeff.

Re: What's on you bench 11/2018

Lee Gustafson
Jeff,

Very nice build and the weathering on the roof is tastefully executed. What a great addition to your layout. Thanks for sharing.

Re: What's on you bench 11/2018

linnwm
Nice job on the RPO Keith. Eager to get mine finished (started). Too much time spent making 3D models.

Re: What's on you bench 11/2018

tonyk375
Nice depot!

Re: What's on you bench 11/2018

Al Pomeroy
C&S 1:20.3 stock car getting started can you tell me what type it is?

Re: What's on you bench 11/2018

NarrowTracks
First post for me, so first, a big thank you to everyone in the forum. Have really been enjoying the discussions about car construction, truss rods and all the other obscure details.

I’ve been working on an early South Park taper sill flat car for the past few months. Making a few assumptions on how it may have looked in the mid 1890’s. Up next are a few etchings for some of the brake rigging that I’m drawing up.

Re: What's on you bench 11/2018

Bill Uffelman
Excellent!

Bill Uffelman

On Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 5:18:30 AM PST, Jeff Young [via C&Sng Discussion Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Finishing up the Kokomo depot.  Roof is weathered, and a bit around the freight door handles (perhaps too much there), but the rest of the walls are yet to be done.

Cheers,
Jeff.

http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/What-s-on-you-bench-11-2018-tp12677p12699.html
To start a new topic under C&Sng Discussion Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from C&Sng Discussion Forum, click here.
NAML

Re: What's on you bench 11/2018

Mike McKenzie
Very cool flat car project Mark. Model a later era myself but am always drawn to earlier rolling stock technology.

But I digress, mistakenly identified my CONX tank car as #8, should be #5. Anyway, got to the couplers using the Wiseman box assuming Kadee 26s would work, no dice, need advice.

It's a Wiseman kit and I don't have instructions. I don't need instructions but I imagine they would indicate what couplers to use. Anybody have an idea what Kadees might work?

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks,
Mike

Re: What's on you bench 11/2018

Mike Trent
Administrator
Narrow Tracks, welcome aboard. What scale is your tank project? Nice work!

Re: What's on you bench 11/2018

Mike Trent
Administrator
Great work, Keith. I've been following your progress with great envy. I have wanted to build an early version of this Mail and Baggage car to display with my old No 7 since I finished that engine years ago. With platforms!

What an excellent result from a very innovative kit!

Linn, would a short baggage in On3 be a possibility?

Re: What's on you bench 11/2018

NarrowTracks
Thanks, Mike and Mike

I’m in On3, though that flatcar uses a few S scale parts to better match some of the earliest hardware. Here’s a preview of some of the etching artwork I’m drawing up. There’s a few different types of brake hangers in the works and some other general parts I’ll try to jam into the final fret layout before I send it out for etching.

Also have a UPD&G boxcar in the works. Frame’s mostly done and have been doing a bit on one of the trucks this morning.

Re: What's on you bench 11/2018

John Greenly
Hey Jeff,

the Kokomo depot looks wonderful, what a treat to see!  Of course, I expected no less given your standard of work.

I've got to get back to work on mine, been sidetracked by locomotive work.

John

Re: What's on you bench 11/2018

John Greenly
Narrowtracks,

that's a mighty handsome flatcar, please do keep us posted with further photos as you complete it!

thanks,
John Greenly
12