Quantcast

Sticky: Swap Meet - Buy, Sell, Trade, Want

12

Want C-D-S S scale lettering sets for 1898 St Charles boxcars

Jim Courtney
I'm looking for several C-D-S lettering sets in S scale for the St Charles 1898 boxcars in the builder's lettering scheme, C-D-S number S-477.

The lettering set looks like this:

From Poole and Martin, in Grandt's Narrow Gauge Pictorial VIII.

I could use 3-4 sets. Evidently C-D-S sets are no longer available. The line was allegedly acquired by Ozark Miniatures, but they list this particular lettering set as out of stock.

If you have some sets you'd like to part with, let me know. If you know of a commercial source for the sets, that would also help.

Jim Courtney
Poulsbo, WA

Re: Want C-D-S S scale lettering sets for 1898 St Charles boxcars

Rick Steele
This post was updated on .
Hi Jim,

If you wish, I can enlarge the HOn3 decals that I produce for my kits to Sn3, as long as I have enough for one (8 1/2 x 11) page worth, I am OK, the One-of's have way too much waste.

I can do this for any of the kits that I make. Just let me know. They are listed on the website and I can put a special S order form on the website for anybody who wants them. I won't print and stock them and you must order a full sheet or multiples thereof.

So it will be an "On Demand" print job. But I have no problem with it.

For those of you who who need to know where to see them, go to www.labellemodels.com and look at the kits.

Not a plug, just offering a service, OK Darel?

Rick

Re: Want C-D-S S scale lettering sets for 1898 St Charles boxcars

Jim Courtney
Sounds great, Rick.

I prefer decals to dry transfers anyway.

Yes, please put up an S scale order form on the website.  I'll order 2 pages of S scale enlargements, however many sets that is.

I guy can't have too many lettering sets.
Jim Courtney
Poulsbo, WA

Re: Want C-D-S S scale lettering sets for 1898 St Charles boxcars

Rick Steele
This post was updated on .
Hi Jim (and the rest of you S-Scalers)

Your cost is $18.00 = Shipping & Handling per sheet of decal paper.

The order info is on the LaBelle Website with all of the particulars.

That is an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet with six sets (of this particular lettering style) printed on it. One instruction sheet and no special packaging (individual bags). If you want them bagged and tagged individually, it is $4.50 each for how ever many are on the 8 1/2 x 11 sheet.

Yup, and extra buck and a half for the ziplock pouch and the individual instruction sheets and my time to cut, stuff and pack. cheap....

Rick

Re: Want C-D-S S scale lettering sets for 1898 St Charles boxcars

Jim Courtney
Thanks Rick.

I just found the "S Scale Special" under the Decal section. I tried to order two pages of St Charles lettering.

There seems to be a glitch in the "Checkout" function--it won't let me progress from "Delivery Info" to "Payment Info".

Jim
Jim Courtney
Poulsbo, WA

Re: Want C-D-S S scale lettering sets for 1898 St Charles boxcars

Rick Steele
I reported it to my web guru.

I'll let you know what he says.

Rick

Re: Want C-D-S S scale lettering sets for 1898 St Charles boxcars

Rick Steele
Jim,

Just got this reply from the web guy:

"See if you can find out what if any the error was. I just went through without any problems."

Rick

Re: Want C-D-S S scale lettering sets for 1898 St Charles boxcars

Jim Courtney
Hey Rick,

Somehow the "S Scale Special" choice doesn't want more than one item in the cart. I was trying to order 2 pages of S scale C&S St Charles lettering (enlarged HOn3-111-CD). When I changed the number of items in cart to "2" and updated the cart, the program freaked out and couldn't figure out how to calculate shipping. It wouldn't let me continue to "Payment information", kept throwing me back to the same page, over and over.

When I ordered only 1 page of the "S Scale Special", the program worked fine, allowed payment info and confirmed order.

So, I did two separate orders, of 1 page each, same item, at $18.00 per page + S&H.
Jim Courtney
Poulsbo, WA

Re: Want C-D-S S scale lettering sets for 1898 St Charles boxcars

Rick Steele
Don't worry about it Jim, Since it's Paypal, I'll refund you the overage on the postage. On regular Credit Cards, I just don't charge the "Recommended" amount. Since people order more than a single kit, most of the weights are just averages and I have to make compensations here as two kits in one shipping box is not the same weight as two kits in separate shipping boxes.

Nothing except PayPal is automatic, I run the Credit Cards through here.

But now I know where you live ... Bwah HA HA HA HA HA....

Rick

Re: Want C-D-S S scale lettering sets for 1898 St Charles boxcars

Jim Courtney
But now I know where you live ... Bwah HA HA HA HA HA....

Good . . . if your ever in my neck of the woods, let's get together for beer, salmon and Hood Canal oysters! Same invite for all the other participants of the C&S Discussion Forum.

I'm looking forward to the 2017 NGC in Denver. Finally get a chance to meet all the characters on this forum. LaBelle will be there, won't it Rick?
Jim Courtney
Poulsbo, WA

Re: Want C-D-S S scale lettering sets for 1898 St Charles boxcars

Rick Steele
Yes LaBelle will be there.

Chris Lane twisted my arm to attend.

Rick

Re: Want C-D-S S scale lettering sets for 1898 St Charles boxcars

Rick Steele
Jim,

The decals are printed but I have been down sick all week. I'll get them out to you as soon as I can return to the shop.

Rick

Re: Want C-D-S S scale lettering sets for 1898 St Charles boxcars

Jim Courtney
No problem . . . I haven't started to build the boxcars yet.
Jim Courtney
Poulsbo, WA
12