OBNOXIOUS ADS!!!!!!that won't go away

Robert McFarland
I'm getting real tired of "MEET BEAUTIFUL THAI WOMEN!!!!!!"Every time I delete the P.O.S.  they mumble an apology and claim they won't run the add again,but the jerks have it up and running again

Re: OBNOXIOUS ADS!!!!!!that won't go away

Robert McFarland
They're back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(in spades)

Re: OBNOXIOUS ADS!!!!!!that won't go away

Darel Leedy
Administrator
Well Robert, as I said in a previous post; the adds are here to stay. This was a decision by Nabble to stay in bussiness. The tiny monthly fee I paid was not enough.
With that said, the adds you see are tailored to your computer search history. So the adds we all see are different from yours. Thai women you say?

Re: OBNOXIOUS ADS!!!!!!that won't go away

Darel Leedy
Administrator
To clarify: Paying to have the adds removed is no longer a feature provided by this free hosting site

Re: OBNOXIOUS ADS!!!!!!that won't go away

John Greenly
Funny, the ads I see are all for eyeglasses.  I guess they know I work in HOn3?

Happy New Year!!

John

Re: OBNOXIOUS ADS!!!!!!that won't go away

South Park
  Interesting ...  I see an ad now that offers to find professionals
that meet my hiring needs.  Are they talking about beautiful thai
women ???
"Duty above all else except Honor"

Re: OBNOXIOUS ADS!!!!!!that won't go away

snapped_bolt

   Hmmm....I haven't dieselized my computer yet. I get no ads. Am I missing something?

        Cheers!

           Stan

Re: OBNOXIOUS ADS!!!!!!that won't go away

Robert McFarland
I don't mind all the other ads

Re: OBNOXIOUS ADS!!!!!!that won't go away

drgwcs
Do firefox with the ghostery add on- that will eliminate the ads. Not seen an ad on the site.
Jim
Jim Curran

Re: OBNOXIOUS ADS!!!!!!that won't go away

Mike Trent
Administrator
I have two or three adblockers on my phone, and only rarely see them anymore.

The Beautiful Thai Women have gone bye-bye and all is well.The ads Nabble is running now are QK by me

Re: OBNOXIOUS ADS!!!!!!that won't go away

South Park
I managed to make it through three deployments to AFG.  We crashed a
chopper, an airplane, and had numerous exchanges of fire with opposing
forces.  Heat was like nothing I never have experienced, never been colder
in my life, either.  Enjoyed months of dysentery and as many as 10 weeks
without a shower or change of uniform.

Coming home, I see and hear people get all up in arms over the slightest
of annoyances and inconveniences and realize just how spoiled and utterly
clueless most Americans are of what a real problem is.

Pop up ads are a serious threat.  Oh wait, ...  not really.  I was thinking of
something else.

"Beautiful thai women" ?  Bring it !

Robert McFarland
How old are you South Park? I'm guessing from a comment you made awhile back that you're in the neighborhood of 60 years old.I think you'll find out that we're not a bunch of spoiled couch potatoes.I turned 71 last month.

Re: OBNOXIOUS ADS!!!!!!that won't go away

Darel Leedy
Administrator
I've never let the adds bother me. But I thought I'd investigate a little this morning. I normally use Chrome as my browser on my Surface Pro. I just downloaded "Ad-Blocker" and all of the forum advertising has disappeared. Here is the link: Chrome Ad-Blocker
I'll have to look elsewhere for my women now

Re: OBNOXIOUS ADS!!!!!!that won't go away

Robert McFarland
Since the Thai women disappeared I have absolutely no problem with or objections to the advertising.

  So, if they were spanish or japanese women, would that be OK ?

Robert McFarland
I don't think my WIFE would like it.

Re: OBNOXIOUS ADS!!!!!!that won't go away

South Park
  Methinks you're probably not likely to run off with a bunch of
internet hussies.  I think she's safe, don't you ?

  You got about 15 years on me, Robert.

  BTW - my observations about persons not knowing what real
problems are was far more generalized than this conversation.
But I am often reminded of it as I listen to news broadcasts of
"horrific traffic" and "massive snowfalls" that pander to the drama
queens our society has become.  Try the traffic in Beirut or a good
old high country Colorado snowstorm and one gets the idea of
what crazy traffic and sketchy road conditions are !  But as long
as one is traveling in a car full of beautiful thai women, .... oughta
make either nothing to get too worked up about.

"Duty above all else except Honor"

Re: OBNOXIOUS ADS!!!!!!that won't go away

Robert McFarland
Right!!