More progress in Como

Todd Hackett
We got about four more lengths of rail on each side in place and gauge spiked. There is still more spiking needed on these, and some leveling, but it's getting closer to the turntable (still 9 or 10 lengths away).

We also started fixing up the turnout:

Re: More progress in Como

South Park
  You know, those scrappers went to a lot of effort to rip all that stuff
out in 1938.  And now you are messing it all up !
"Duty above all else except Honor"

Re: More progress in Como

Jeff Ramsey
1:1 scale is the best.

Re: More progress in Como

Don Gustavson II
Great!
Thanks for posting pictures.
HOn3 is the path I have chosen.

Re: More progress in Como

Jeff Young
Wow!  You guys have made a lot of progress since I was last there.

Cheers,
Jeff.

Re: More progress in Como

Darel Leedy
Administrator
Thanks for the update and photos Todd. You all are doing an amazing job and are to be commended. Wish I had time to come help. Hard to believe it's already been 24 years since we drove that first spike up at Alpine huh?

Re: More progress in Como

Don Peterson
That was a fun trip, brother D. I believe it was the first "Passport in time" event with Mr Rossman. How far we have come since then.

Re: More progress in Como

Daniel Frauenhoff
Glad to see the progress! Couldn't make it out last Sunday due to work. Seems like the weather is improving, a few Saturdays back it was rather variable.

Re: More progress in Como

Paul R.
Love all these photos, gives me a feel for the place and something to match my scenery to.  We could almost make up a backdrop for a layout from them also. Love all that progress, will have somewhere to run the loco when it arrives. Paul R

Re: More progress in Como

Fatbiker52
Haven't been here for awhile. Been too busy taking care of my wife. Just thought I'd take a Lookie-see. I just am amazed of the progress! Keep at it.
Fred
Superintendent
C&S Kebler pass Subdivision
The Kebler Pass Route

Re: More progress in Como

ComoDepot
Seems we might have work going on over 4 days this weekend, Saturday is the main day.

We also have a Train Order Board to attach to the Depot.

Tomorrow is the 138th anniversary of the first Train at Lechners, the Station was named Como and the name was used by the new tented city.

The Depot was first mentioned the following month, can find no mention of its construction. Was the Depot ready for the arrival of the first Train, probably will never know.

Re: More progress in Como

South Park
  We had it all explained to us last year ...  the Como depot was an old D&RG
building, teleported through magical means to Como from Denver.  Don't you
people write this stuff down ?
"Duty above all else except Honor"

Re: More progress in Como

Robert McFarland
I thought he said it was originally from Texas.

Re: More progress in Como

South Park
  I think he said they moved Denver from Texas.
"Duty above all else except Honor"

Re: More progress in Como

Robert McFarland
Or possibly Australia.