Leadville Roundhouse

Keith Hayes
As the turntable is more or less done, it seems appropriate to start a new topic with focus on the roundhouse.

The framing and sides are complete, And I have started framing the roof.

Now that we know the building was a red-brown during the 30s, I went ahead and painted the doors, windows and shop addition roday.
I did this in part so I can pre-glaze the windows, and add stall numbers to the doors (so I can more easily keep track of what goes where!). Fortunately, The C&S had Roman numerals on each door. These will also be a convenient prompt for operators, too.

...or...I can work on a temporary return loop scene at Climax to facilitate operations and use the helix frame.

Keith Hayes
Leadville in Sn3