Idaho Springs Mid-Town Ore Processing: Part 3

Idaho Springs Mid-Town Ore Processing: Part 3

Chris Walker
Progression of the Chicago Creek confluence Mill District of Idaho Springs.

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/p15330coll21/id/9818/rv/singleitem

Sanborn  http://libcudl.colorado.edu:8180/luna/servlet/UCBOULDERCB1~21~21
1886

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/p15330coll22/id/41181/rv/singleitem

1890

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/p15330coll21/id/10440/rv/singleitem

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/p15330coll22/id/3303/rv/singleitem/rec/304

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/p15330coll22/id/38884/rv/singleitem

1895

Jackson Mill built 1896 on the site of the first Gold discovery in Colorado.

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/p15330coll22/id/38884/rv/singleitem

1900

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/p15330coll22/id/67930/rv/singleitem

From  A History Of Clear Creek County. 2004.  Historical Soc. of I.S.

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/p15330coll22/id/67650/rv/singleitem

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/p15330coll22/id/67655/rv/singleitem

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/p15330coll22/id/67645/rv/singleitem

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/p15330coll22/id/1428/rv/singleitem

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/p15330coll21/id/11920/rv/singleitem

1/1916 Mining&Engineering World vol44.

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/p15330coll22/id/3309/rv/singleitem
UpSideDownC
in New Zealand

Re: Idaho Springs Mid-Town Ore Processing: Part 3 continued.

Chris Walker
This post was updated on .

Photo copyright and courtesy of Colorado School of Mines.

Waltham Mill in rear of Jackson and Hudson Mills.

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/p15330coll22/id/14261/rv/singleitem

1908

Only picture I've ever seen showing the un-numbered C&S trestle crossing of Cl. Cr.
Bridge 12A and 12B were at the Anderson Mill crossing of Virginia Cr.   Bridge 13 was west of the Dewey Sampler.

1908 The Mining Investor pg355

1914 The Mining Investor.

1908

Looking downstream Chicago Cr. towards Idaho Springs, Waltham Mill with the Hudson and Jackson Mills visible farther back.

USGS 1917

from Mineral Belt V-111 by David S. Digerness pg 256

Note that the 2 storey Gabled House has been moved towards the Depot to make room for the newest Mill and Conveyor Building to the former Dewey Sampler.  This House has overseen all of the changes detailed here.

from Mineral Belt V-111 by David S. Digerness pg257

from Narrow Gauge Railway Scenes by Adolf Hungry Wolf, 1992 Canadian Caboose Press
UpSideDownC
in New Zealand

Re: Idaho Springs Mid-Town Ore Processing: Part 3 continued.

Bill Uffelman
Chris your photo selections are great! It was the Colorado Central  as shown in Slim Gauge News that really got me into Colorado modeling in the early/mid1970s. On3 Balboa 2-6-0 sealed the deal along with LMB Bogies.

Bill Uffelman Ocean View DE

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

From:"Chris Walker [via C&Sn3 Discussion Forum]" <[hidden email]>
Date:Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 8:38 AM
Subject:Re: Idaho Springs Mid-Town Ore Processing: Part 3 continued.

Photo copyright and courtesy of Colorado School of Mines.

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/p15330coll22/id/14261/rv/singleitem

Only picture I've ever seen showing the un-numbered C&S trestle crossing of Cl. Cr.
Bridge 12A and 12B were at the Anderson Mill crossing of Virginia Cr.   Bridge 13 was west of the Dewey Sampler.

1908 The Mining Investor pg355

1908

Looking downstream Chicago Cr. towards Idaho Springs with the Hudson and Jackson Mills visible.

USGS 1917

from Mineral Belt V-111 by David S. Digerness pg 256

Note that the 2 storey Gabled House has been moved towards the Depot to make room for the newest Mill and Conveyor Building to the former Dewey Sampler.  This House has overseen all of the changes detailed here.

from Mineral Belt V-111 by David S. Digerness pg257

from Narrow Gauge Railway Scenes by Adolf Hungry Wolf, 1992 Canadian Caboose Press

The Mining Investor.
UpSideDownC
in New Zealand

http://c-sn3-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/Idaho-Springs-Mid-Town-Ore-Processing-Part-3-tp2512p2513.html
To start a new topic under C&Sn3 Discussion Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from C&Sn3 Discussion Forum, click here.
NAML