Header Photo Location ?

South Park
  Exactly where was the current header photo taken ...  north
or south of Fairplay ?  Is it farther up toward Alma ?  I cannot
ID the exact spot.
"Duty above all else except Honor"

Re: Header Photo Location ?

ComoDepot
Certainly not west of Fairplay, looks like running down to Garo. Do not go in that direction very often but maybe near the Propane Farm?

Re: Header Photo Location ?

Darel Leedy
Administrator
This famous Howard Fogg painting is titled "Last Train from Alma Jct."

Re: Header Photo Location ?

Chris Walker
https://www.google.com/maps/@39.2620576,-106.0425809,3a,20.3y,345.35h,89.89t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sW_qMJLDOzcQUswVibZ4pRg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Some where along here....where ever the tracks were, lots have changed over the years but those Mountains behind haven't.  :)

UpSideDownC
in New Zealand

Re: Header Photo Location ?

Robert McFarland
When I went the other way on Google Maps I found my self coming in to Fairplay near the entrance of South Park City

Re: Header Photo Location ?

South Park
  If one looks carefully at the track behind the train, am I seeing a wye ?
I don't see a switch stand, but the snow and bare spots give the impression
of the tracks going off in two directions.  If so, what did the branch to the
London mine look like ?  Was there any other diverging track locations
along the line ?  Or am I just seeing things ?
"Duty above all else except Honor"