Hamilton, Montana, and the Social Media collide ...

Hamilton, Montana, and the Social Media collide ...

John Schapekahm
7th Street Shops now has a Face book page:
https://www.facebook.com/7thstreetshops/

Re: Hamilton, Montana, and the Social Media collide ...

South Park
  Few people know the proper pronunciation of "Hamilton" Montana.
Kinda like the way the locals call "Buena Vista" "Bew-na Vista", for
the Hamilton locals, the "N" is silent, giving it a pronunciation of
"Hamill-toe".
"Duty above all else except Honor"

Re: Hamilton, Montana, and the Social Media collide ...

John Schapekahm
South Park wrote
Few people know the proper pronunciation of "Hamilton" Montana. ...
Well, hmmmmmmm ‘South Park’ !!! I am quite familiar with the "Byoo-na Vista" local pronunciation proclivity, and I even know the history behind it [cf. Alsina Deerheimer]. That said, I am even more familiar with how Montana’s Hamiltonians always used to pronounce “HamilTON,” considering I half grew up in HamilTON, having spent all my summers there with my great aunt, from age 2 through age 18. As such I can tell you I never ever once in all those years heard any Montana Hamiltonian refer to his or her town as anything other than HamilTON. Believe me, I would have noticed. I was so surprised by your comment I even double-checked with friends in Hamilton, Montana, just now, to see if anything had changed in the intervening years and they assured me [in no uncertain terms, that needn't be repeated here] no one in/from HamilTON, Montana, pronounces HamilTON in anyway other than … HamilTON.
Now, granted there has been something of an influx of Californians in recent years, and who knows how the left coasters choose to (mis)-pronounce things among themselves …
Or maybe you’re thinking of another Hamilton somewhere else?

Re: Hamilton, Montana, and the Social Media collide ...

South Park
  Just pulling your leg.

  Have a friend move there who is a little "socially uptight", so just to
give him a razz,  other friends have adopted this nuevo pronunciation
just to "help out".
"Duty above all else except Honor"