Figures in Sn3

Keith Hayes
Those of you modeling in Sn3 know that the number of unique figures are limited. Artista, Aspen, Railmaster and PBL have all offered figures with only Aspen offering new people recently.

There is a real opportunity to make advantages of 3d printing here. A couple months ago I ordered two figures off of Shapeways. Now they are painted.

Unique poses are a plus. These particular figures are okay, but lack the detailed faces and clothes Aspen offers. I had to use paint to add some detail. More people are coming from a different Shapeways store.
Keith Hayes
Leadville in Sn3

Re: Figures in Sn3

John McCutcheon
Keith

Looks like the figure on the left has either a dinner plate on his head or a bee keepers hood

Re: Figures in Sn3

Keith Hayes
I am thinking it is a knit cap like a seaman would wear. Or perhaps an odd pork pie hat. The knit hat makes more sense in Leadville.
Keith Hayes
Leadville in Sn3

Re: Figures in Sn3

ComoDepot
S Scale would be very close to a Wargaming scale of 25mm, the figures are nearer 28mm.

Re: Figures in Sn3

Keith Hayes
These fellas just showed up. They are from a different Shapeways shop and the detail appears more refined. The gent with the raised hand appears to be Albert Einstein.

Keith Hayes
Leadville in Sn3

Re: Figures in Sn3

South Park
  They all appear to be shadow figures of a bygone era !  😜
"Duty above all else except Honor"

Re: Figures in Sn3

Robert McFarland
What wargaming scale would be equal or close to O scale.We need 1870s-1890s figures-ordinary townspeople as well as RR workers.

Re: Figures in Sn3

Lee Gustafson
40 mm war gaming figures are close to O scale but they are not very common.

Lee Gustafson

Re: Figures in Sn3

degg13
ModelU in the UK are doing 3D scans and prints of railroad figures that are quite amazing. S scale is an option in the print. The downsides are many look more UK than US and the cost. But if you've the budget and are looking for detail...
Dave Eggleston
Seattle, WA