Looks like a very nice re-working of a Key Models # 58. I had done almost the same thing as Dan. I made new domes and replaced the headlight . I had tried making a working " Beartrap" once, got one done and decided it was a lot of work for the detail it provided.
Looking forward to seeing the finished engine.
Thanks everyone. I've been busier than a cat covering it up and have had to limit my time on some activities. I didn't give much detail here because these are just progress photos and I plan to say a little more when I finally finish the engine. I will tell you that this is an OMI Sn3 No. 60. Lots of differences and many custom parts not "available" anywhere. And it is an expensive project. Sorry Dan. I'd love to do this for people for nothing - me being first in line (I have No. 59 in the works for myself that hasn't changed in at least 5 years because bullets and tacos cost money!)
Keep up the good work, everyone. When I do get over here there is always something good to feast upon.