Crystal River Products back under new ownership.

Crystal River Products back under new ownership.

Jim Courtney
This post was updated on .
Tom Fitzgerald's Crystal Rivers business of laser cut kits has been purchased and is reopening under new owners.

https://www.crystalriverproducts.com/

I purchased a few of the Sn3 kits years ago and they are among the finest laser cut structure kits ever produced.

There was a kit for the Buffalo Depot in HOn3 complete with the covered anteroom. This kit could also be used for the Baileys depot.

The new owners have a survey of market desires for the old and any new kits they might produce. I took the time to request a list of C&S items never produced.

Glad to see that old companies aren't dying, rather resurrected under new owners.
Jim Courtney
Poulsbo, WA

Re: Crystal River Products back under new ownership.

Robert McFarland
Was the depot at Heywood Springs similar to Buffalo/Bailey(WHJ-430)?There is a photo of it including a Mason Bogie powered train in Ferrell's South Park Line.

Re: Crystal River Products back under new ownership.

Jeff Young
Wow, I didn’t even know they had gone away.  I have a couple of their kits awaiting construction (commercial coal, which I’m going to split into two for Jefferson and Kokomo, and the section house which I’m going to kit-bash into the eating house at Sargent).

Anyway, I suggested they do the Pine, Pitkin or Dickey coal dock.

Cheers,
Jeff.

Re: Crystal River Products back under new ownership.

Mike McKenzie
Got to meet and talk to the new owners at the convention, apparently they finalized the deal 3 weeks previous. Seemed excited and energized, the CR line looks to be in good hands. I'll definitely get their stock pen when available and suggested a Dillon/Breckenridge depot. I believe they'll be supporting the entire existing product line and it will be interesting to see what else they bring out.

Mike

Re: Crystal River Products back under new ownership.

El Gringo Grande
Would love nothing better than to see Buffalo/Bailey depot released.

Little back story, I actually did much of the initial design on this model. In fact, I built the pilot model and groundwork you see in these photos. Since the Bailey/Buffalo depots were virtually identical (save the passenger shelter) this was to be the first of a series of "two-fer" depots on the C&S that gave the modeler the choice of doing one of two depots that were very similar in size and style. Tom, however, had a maddening way of working, and after a VERY long time, I simply had to move on to other projects (the Bachmann E-Z Track book, which tells you how long ago this was).

Tom just didn't love this model (the color) and never promoted it. But is is a classic little depot, with a more interesting than average rafter treatment, and would love to see it available.

Chris Lane

Re: Crystal River Products back under new ownership.

Keith Hayes
I agree Tom designed/manufactured some great kits. I got a tour of the operation years ago and hope the new owners can bring all the parts and pieces into the current decade.

I also hope they will issue the trestle for the coal pocket model. Sure, I could build it, but a kit, or at least a jig would make quicker work of it.
Keith Hayes
Leadville in Sn3