Quantcast

Como No 4

ComoDepot

Well it is on its way from Silver Plume to Wasatch RR Contractors' shop in Cheyenne , except the Tender which will be worked on in Silver Plume.

Work should be completed by the end of June and then to Como.

I have been promised some photo's of No 4 being loaded and will post when I have them. I do not know if the plan is regarding painting, I know there is no painting included in the current work.

Re: Como No 4

Jeff Young
Gonna put a Ridgway on it?  (It would look nice, but might be pushing the bounds of historical interpretation.)

Cheers,
Jeff

Sent from my iPad

Re: Como No 4

Jim Courtney
I disagree, Jeff.

If number 4 is going to live at Como, it obviously needs a "Como" spark arrestor on its straight stack!
Jim Courtney
Poulsbo, WA

Re: Como No 4

usairman737
Enough for me to give up my love of the Maine 2-foot Prairies.... almost!

Gerry

Re: Como No 4

Jim Courtney
This is the only photo of future Como number 4 that I could find online:

http://donsdepot.donrossgroup.net/dr1000/wpy4.jpg

If the little Prairie from Alaska is to be re-lettered in C&S garb, what should she be numbered?  Since she's somewhere between a 2-6-0 and a 2-8-0, perhaps a number in the vacant "upper twenties"?
Jim Courtney
Poulsbo, WA

Re: Como No 4

ComoDepot
Plenty of photos on the Como Depot Facebook page including its arrival after a trip up I25, also evidenced.

Re: Como No 4

Fatbiker52
To me the drivers look sort of small, but then just to  have a living, breathing loco at Como wouldbean asset for the area. I like little locos. I own two C&S moguls and a little 4-4-0 american. But little praries have a special place in my heart. I just can't wait for more information on the loco.
Superintendent
C&S Kebler pass Subdivision
The Kebler Pass Route

Re: Como No 4

Paul R.
All sounds good to me, A question to those on the ground- How far could track be laid without encroaching on "private land". Paul R.

Re: Como No 4

ComoDepot
As far as the bridge over Park Gulch.

Re: Como No 4

Paul R.
What sort of bridge was over park gulch- reason  on my south park section I will have a curved bridge next to the roundhouse I was going to have a small trestle? Paul R.

Re: Como No 4

ComoDepot
I have seen a couple of blurry photos, nothing close up and there are some timbers down there, not very big wooden trestle.

Re: Como No 4

Paul R.
Sounds good, wood trestle it is, won't be long-8"x 2"or in S 40'x10'. Thanks Paul R.