Quantcast

C&Sn3 Kitbash of the UP built 27 foot boxcar + Outfit Car Info

12

Re: C&Sn3 Kitbash of the UP built 27 foot boxcar (so far)

Jim Courtney
Interesting technique, Konrad.

Might work well for paint weathering off those metal Murphy roofs on later C&S house cars.
Jim Courtney
Poulsbo, WA

RE: C&Sn3 Kitbash of the UP built 27 foot boxcar (so far)

Jim Courtney
I need them (24 foot outfit cars) like I need a hole in the head.

I dunno, Keith. A couple of outfit cars might look good in a freight train, just ahead of the caboose:

Leaving Grant, eastbound, c1912-13. In the Klingers' Platte Canon Memories . . .

Different size outfit cars of different origins, with mismatched big block C&S reporting marks. Pretty cool!
Jim Courtney
Poulsbo, WA

RE: C&Sn3 Kitbash of the UP built 27 foot boxcar (so far)

Robert McFarland
What is that train hauling ?

RE: C&Sn3 Kitbash of the UP built 27 foot boxcar (so far)

Jim Courtney
Mine props, likely.
Jim Courtney
Poulsbo, WA

Re: C&Sn3 Kitbash of the UP built 27 foot boxcar (so far)

Jim Courtney
For those of you seeking Leadville Shops kits for the 24 foot CC boxcar and box-baggage car in S scale, to convert into outfit cars like Bob Stears On3 C&S 070 and 023 outfit cars, I scored a couple of kits from DesPlaines Hobbies: http://www.desplaineshobbies.com/store/category/2/80/S-Narrow-Gauge/

The last two kits listed, "Sn3 KIT 24' Boxcar CC #1620"  and  "Sn3 KIT MOW Caboose CC #26552" are the kits in question.

Hopefully, I didn't buy the last of each!!

Jim Courtney
Poulsbo, WA
12