#025 ,again.

Fatbiker52
Hey everyone....
I have time on my hands now and there's this little project that I explored once before.
It concerns Business car #025. I remember some one in the forum has posted  color photo of his model of the car in color.
It looked like it was burgundy with a type if roof walk.
I don't know if I'm just confusing #025 with another car used to inspect water tanks, butmy memory isn't real clear on this. I have a Bachmann combineall set to be dismantled and undergo whatever razor was work I need to do.
I would really appreciate any help on locating this information/photos.
Fred cotrerell.
Silverhill,
Superintendent
C&S Kebler pass Subdivision
The Kebler Pass Route

Re: #025 ,again.

Jim Courtney
I believe you are referring to Bob Stears' model of C&S 089.  A photo appeared in the Passenger Car thread:

http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/C-amp-S-Passenger-72-td2115.html#a2131

Bob discussed the history of the car in another thread:

http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/Passenger-car-paint-color-td7073.html#a7349
Jim Courtney
Poulsbo, WA

Re: #025 ,again.

Fatbiker52

Jim thanks loads. That's the one I was looking for. I can now proceed to do my 'surgery'.
Fred

On Jul 4, 2017 12:39 PM, "Jim Courtney [via C&Sng Discussion Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I believe you are referring to Bob Stears model of C&S 089.  A photo appeared in the Passenger Car thread:

http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/C-amp-S-Passenger-72-td2115.html#a2131
Jim Courtney
Poulsbo, WA

http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/025-again-tp8675p8682.html
To unsubscribe from #025 ,again., click here.
NAML
Superintendent
C&S Kebler pass Subdivision
The Kebler Pass Route

Re: #025 ,again.

Fatbiker52
The surgery has begun. I have disassembled the car and I bam going to use that picture Jim was so kind to find for me.
The car is going to be my first major bashing project. I will try to post pictures as i go. (Fingers and does crossed)
Fred Cotterell.
Superintendent
C&S Kebler pass Subdivision
The Kebler Pass Route

Re: #025 ,again.

Robert McFarland
There are more pictures of the model,the prototype,and it's previous incarnations in one of the Narrow Gauge Annuals from several years back.It was originally a converted DSP&P boxcar.There is a picture of it at Hancock in 1882 in the Kiercey photo collection.One of the collected stories in Historic Alpine Tunnel leads me to believe that this was the car P.F.Barr lived in.

Re: #025 ,again.

Chris Walker
Robert McFarland wrote
There are more pictures of the model,the prototype,and it's previous incarnations in one of the Narrow Gauge Annuals from several years back.It was originally a converted DSP&P boxcar.There is a picture of it at Hancock in 1882 in the Kiercey photo collection.One of the collected stories in Historic Alpine Tunnel leads me to believe that this was the car P.F.Barr lived in.

One day Robert, I hope you will learn to post a link..... and it is the Ted Kierscey Collection.

http://www.narrowgauge.org/ngc/html/excursion4/excursion4-tkc-4-hancock.html
UpSideDownC
in New Zealand

Re: #025 ,again.

Robert McFarland
There is a posting on eBay about a kit available in Nn3 for this version of the car.This photo holds a lot of neat posting  material.If I know or have access to the link,or can find it I sometimes do post it.I was figuring that you would know which Narrow Gauge Annual had the article on #025 in it.I seem to remember it having several color pictures of Robert's model.Recent issues of B&L have had good closeups of it in its business car days.

Re: #025 ,again.

Paul R.
Fred, that article by  Robert Stears is in Narrow Gauge Annual summer 2011 edition P53 to 63 plans and lots of photos, one of my jobs in S.One of our Victorian Modellers built it inO. Paul R,

Re: #025 ,again.

Fatbiker52
Paul, as soon as things settle down after our relocation back up to the Ozarks, my project will continue.
Does anyone know of a source for the annuals Paul and others memtioned? Should I go on Amazon?
Fred Cotterell
Superintendent
C&S Kebler pass Subdivision
The Kebler Pass Route

Re: #025 ,again.

Chris Walker
Try Coronado Scale Models in Phoenix,
coronadoscalemod@aol.com
UpSideDownC
in New Zealand

Re: #025 ,again.

Fatbiker52
Chris:
I will check with them Monday...I am getting things packed for a move back to central Missouri in a week...But, I'm keeping that project going until then.
Fred Cotterell
Superintendent
C&S Kebler pass Subdivision
The Kebler Pass Route

Re: #025 ,again.

Todd A Ferguson
You can find the annuals on Ebay sometimes.  I believe you might be able to download as a PDF from the publisher also.  I think you can download the Finescale Modeler issues from the Publisher.  Google it...

Best,
Todd Ferguson